My name is Celia, and I’m a librarian with a background in anthropology, writing, and Eurasian studies. I worked for several years in Kazakhstan, and those posts are still very popular on this blog (which was previously known as dumplingcart.org)! I also had a blog of artwork about curvy women at Shapely Women.
Other places I’ve written for the web:
- The rhetoric of luck among the 99 percent (Sociological Images)
- How to catch a street taxi in Astana, Kazakhstan (Matador Network)
- The internet for her: Amazon reviews as comedic genre (Pop Anth)
- Securing, sharing, and archiving ethnographic field data (Savage Minds)
- Selling dreams of the good life in Kazakhstan (Sapiens)
With that, note that this is a personal blog. I know professional contacts can find this (hi, friends!) but it’s not a portfolio. It includes posts from years ago that I may not agree with now. But there’s value in sharing past reflections in a space that’s independent from larger media. I’m happy to continue the conversation, and invite you to join me.