Hi there! I’m a librarian, archivist, and anthropologist by training, with a regional focus on America and Central Asia. Paper Humans (previously known as dumplingcart.org) is a mostly dormant blog about people, the written record, and whatever I’m pondering. I also have a rather dormant tumblr of art featuring curvy women at Shapely Women.
- The rhetoric of luck among the 99 percent (Sociological Images)
- How to catch a street taxi in Astana, Kazakhstan (Matador Network)
- The internet for her: Amazon reviews as comedic genre (Pop Anth)
- Securing, sharing, and archiving ethnographic field data (Savage Minds)
- Selling dreams of the good life in Kazakhstan (Sapiens)
What that, do note that this is a personal blog with posts extending back a decade or more. My thoughts have changed in that time. I know work folks can find this (hi, friends!), but it’s really not a polished portfolio or intended for a mass audience. It includes past posts that I may not agree with or am tempted to rewrite, but I keep them because I I believe there’s value in sharing reflections and growth over time.
If you reflect online, I’d love to hear about it. Come join me!